I decided to make an inside out, apple pie. Even though I’ve seen recipes for stuffed apples, I have yet to find one that actually stuffed them with pie crust. So here it is, my version of the good ol’ apple pie.
This was so simple and so quick to make, I can’t wait to have a get together to make these for dessert. They’re not only cute, but super tasty!
Brown sugar (not shown under sugar is butter and cinnamon)
Instant pie crust from the 99 cent store!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees or as the instructions on the pie crust box advises.
- Slice the top of the apples and remove the core.
- Gut as much of the apple you want out.
The Pie Crust
- This pie crust from the 99cent store required that only 5 tablespoons were added to the powder. Love it!
- Once the consistency turned into a light fluffy dough, I made really, really thin quarter sized layers.
- Use a tiny square of butter in the apple, add brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Lightly place 1 layer of pie crust dough over the brown sugar mix.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the top of the apple is covered with one more layer of dough.
- Place the apples on a cookie sheet and bake for about 12-15 minutes or however long the recipe you use for the pie crust recommends.
- After they are baked and the dough is slightly browned, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
I made a 2 servings where the pie crust over lapped the sides of the apples but they expanded so high, that it just looked too weird to take a photo of.
I used tongs to move them on to a serving plate, let them cool and dove right in! Unfortunately I didn’t have ICE CREAM or whipped cream, I think that would’ve made my day!
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did eating them!